cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help !! Got a new iPhone 6 for Christmas

danielle24554
Newcomer
Hi I got a new iPhone previously had a 5 the new phone is unlocked but yet when I put in my 48 SIM card it's saying no service and I can't get 48 when searching for a carrier , is there anything I need to put in to my phone setting to make it work
20 REPLIES 20

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Due to the stupid way that Apple do things iPhones need activation on some networks.

This should happen automatically after a while but it does send a UK SMS behind the scenes. 

However unless you have cash credit on your account to cover the cost of this message (25c) it will not send on 48.

So I'd suggest that you put some cash credit on your account (minimum topup is €1) then switch the phone off and on again and wait a while and see if it starts working. 

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi, not sure if there are any actuall 48 month people on this forum but looking for an answer as to why I added money to an account (hence sim) then ported a number onto that sim and now the credit has gone? ThanksMartin

How much did you put on and how much is gone?

Remember that if you buy membership for €10/15/20 then that money does not appear on your cash credit balance because it has paid for the membership and the allowances that gives you up front. 

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?

danielle24554
Newcomer
Hi no it didn't help at all I left the phone for 5. Hours and still no service

Did you put some cash credit on your account in case the iPhone needs to activate which sends a UK SMS (costing 25c) behind the scenes?

Maybe try a sync with iTunes as sometimes that does the trick.

If that still doesn't work then perhaps this is relevant:

iPhone abroad issue

Also remember to enable data roaming as otherwise it may not connect to the 48 network (although you should still probably see it listed if you do a manual scan).

If all else fails you may need to try another SIM unless you can try your current SIM in another unlocked phone to verify thatit works.

Unfortunately most of these problems are down to the stupid way that Apple manage iPhones and their services.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys, yes spoke to admin and it looks like the credit was never credited which is strange as I distinctly remember getting the screen showing current membership with number of remaining minuites etc. Will have to wait the credit card updates to see how many transactions have been done as I've had to add another €10 to get it up and running now. Thanks Martin

What do your My 48 and My History pages show?

https://www.48months.ie/my-48

http://www.48months.ie/my-48/my-history

What does your online banking show?

Hope this helps.