Members

Buddy

Re: New phone and can't text or phone

Hi,

I was using an ipone 5.  I did the factory update.

The Legend

iPhone 5 does take a nano SIM so that's too small for the new phone unless you use a nano to micro SIM adaptor.

Strange that you didn't notice this before!

It would have saved a lot of time & confusion....

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Buddy

I know, I'm really bad at phones.  Thanks for your help

The Legend

If you squeezed the nano SIM into the micro SIM tray then hopefully you haven't damaged the latter!

You need to either get a nano to micro SIM adapter (e.g.https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/cpw/micro-and-nano-sim-adapter-3-pack.html#!colour=black&dealType=... or available in most other phone repair stores) or get a replacement micro SIM - choose the swap not block option and when you get it you can follow the instructions for activating it:

Change my SIM

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Buddy

Thanks, I don't think I damaged it.  I've ordered the change of sim so hopefully it'll work.  Thanks

The Legend

Did you get anywhere with this?

Buddy

Hi,

I'm still waiting on the new sim, I'll update you when I receive it.

Buddy

Hi, the new son fits but when I try to phone it says, Not Valid Sim. What should I do
Posted from Alcatel 5010X
The Legend

What is the exact message?

Did you activate the replacement SIM?

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Buddy

I activated the new but message says, Unable to connect, please insert a valid sim card
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

All I can suggest is you try the new SIM in another unlocked phone if possible.

If it works there then the problem is the phone and you'll need to contact Argos or Alcatel support for more assistance.

I cannot find anything useful when Googling the phone make and model and either of those error messages.

Did you try contacting 48 support also?

The Legend

[ Edited ]

By the way - just to eliminate one other thing - you are inserting the SIM correctly - i.e. so that the SIM contacts make contact with the SIM tray contacts?! 

Apologies if that sounds stupid but some people have managed to do it the wrong way...

To be honest the behaviour of the phone so far suggests to me that it is locked to some network even if it should not be.

I'd be inclined to go back to Argos and ask to try another one or something like that.

Buddy

Hi, we tried my sim in another phone and it worked and then put it in my new phone and my phone now works! Thanks for all your help.
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

You mean it's now working in your new Alcatel Pixi 4?!

That's great - even if it's still a bit mysterious!

Anyway - glad it's working if that's the case now.

Remember to configure your internet settings if you have a data allowance that you want to use:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M...

Hope this helps.

Buddy

Yes, the Alcatel pixi, great news, cheers
Posted from Alcatel 5010X
Check these out