cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not registered on network after restart

PoloB1652
Newcomer

Hello, first of all, thanks for bothering to read this. I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (N975F/DS)

I flashed my phone with official Samsung Firmware from SamMobile and since then, I have not been able to register to a network. Before you suggest it, I tried all the options for the UK, and the only option for UK/Ireland and have tried installing the firmware with the latest Odin. I am sure it has to be something else apart from the firmware and the hardware of the phone.

Nothing works, no calls, no texts, and no data.

In order for the phone to be able to register to a network, it has to be a newly activated sim. It works as long as I don't restart/ power off my phone. The second I restart, the phone fails to register to a network and only emergency calls are available. In order to fix this, I have to reorder a sim card and activate it.

I have tried another network, TescoMobile, and for some reason, it works fine. Even after a restart, the phone recognizes the card and registers onto a network.

I suspect something wrong with 48 not recognizing my phone.

Being a power user, not having the ability to restart my phone is quite infuriating. Please let me know what is after happening and how I can fix it.

Thanks,

PB.

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are you saying that it worked fine before the firmware update but not since?

Can you downgrade to the earlier firmware to see if it works on that again?

The only other suggestion that I have is to try a new replacement SIM just in case that makes any difference.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

It was fine before I had flashed it. It was only after the flash that this started happening.

I tried to downgrade to an earlier firmware but that will brick the phone and even if I was willing to risk that, Samsung phones give an error message and give a failed flash message unfortunately.

I am running on my third replacement sim card because I had restarted my phone after the first two and realized that as long as I don't restart my phone, everything is fine.

Thanks for the reply Dalyer,
I am going to see if anything else comes up (fingers AND toes crossed),
-PB.