Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

minmocas
Visitor
Roaming is not working
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

minmocas
Visitor
I do not understand how is SIM bad, but this is reality. Was signal for me when i was in other country and do not work.Bad service. I some people use 48months only in Ireland not recommend use for roaming.

View solution in context

26 REPLIES 26

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You'll need to post more detail than that if you want assistance.

Where are you roaming?

What membership do you have?

Remember that EU roaming will only work on a Guido membership.

Roaming elsewhere (North America, Oceania) will work on any membership but you need cash credit to pay for services.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update @minmocas?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

minmocas
Visitor
I am on Guido. Traveling Croatia. Phone Samsung s7.

@minmocas wrote:
I am on Guido. Traveling Croatia. Phone Samsung s7.

Same situation, Guido, in France, Samsung S7.

My wife (here also, 086 # too) has a Sony Z5 Xperia no problems, on same (French) network. She can text me, but not call me (I get texts, including one test from 48 yesterday- spent c 1 hour on chat). Changing networks makes no difference. When I try to make a call I get a 48? (Irish accent) message saying "not enough minutes, not enough credits" but account is good to go with many minutes free. 

I've tried booting in safe mode to discount an app problem, taking out/reinserting SIM card, problem persists.

Phone worked fine last week (text, calls) before I left Ireland and everything else on it works OK now, just phone/text out problem.

I can start a new thread if better rather than hijack/piggyback this one.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Does anything work?
Calls and texts?
If you search for local networks can you connect to any?
Is roaming enabled?

Hope this helps.

minmocas
Visitor
Nothing working. Sim card not supporting this network. Roaming is enabled...

minmocas
Visitor
I am not first time abroad but after june 1 something goes wrong

minmocas
Visitor
I try restart phone take card out nothing

lalalilly
Newcomer
I'm just back from Italy, my internet wouldn't work while I was there - roaming was switched on, tried everything. Left me in a right mess as I presumed I would be able to use my phone abroad to plan travel and use maps. I have the Guido package but still no joy.