Members

Average Joe

Re: Issue with some customers losing 3G connection

Hi there,

For me it's not intermittent, I haven't had internet access at all for the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Are we going to be compensated for this issue?

Thanks

The Legend

Did you ever log a support request:

How to get help

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

Hi!

I'm in the same situation as cusmar, but my phone is galaxy s3.

I'm having this problem for more than a month.

How is the situation now?

The Legend

You should log a support request to get 48 support to look into this for you.

How to get help

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Crew Member

Re: [Resolved] Issue with some customers losing 3G connection

Final update: Wednesday 19th March at 18:00

This issue is now being marked as resolved. As I mentioned before, a fix was put in place by the other operator to stop sending the disconnect data message to our handsets. In the last two weeks we have done extensive testing and we have not seen the issue re-occur. The other operator has also tested this and has seen the same positive results.

We know this issue, in particular the amount of time it took to resolve, was extremely frustrating for you all. It isn’t something we have taken lightly. The fact the cause was outside our own network and core systems meant it took longer to pinpoint the issue.

Providing you with a reliable internet service is a key priority for us. We have invested considerably in improving your internet speeds and reliability over the past 12 months.   With this issue now resolved, we hope you will now be able to continue to enjoy fast and reliable data speeds on 48.

If you do have an issue using your internet then it will be related to another issue. Please check your internet settings first, if these are correct then please ask a 48 agent who can look into this for you.

Average Joe

Re: [Resolved] Issue with some cust

This "issue" definitely is not resolved for me..
I don't just lose data coverage.. the Internet settings continuously remove themselves from my handset.. note edge.. this has happened pretty much ever since I've been using 48 I have to keep installing the settings from my configuration messages.. an absolute pain.. and when I do have Data connection it's extremely slow.. I have tried many sims in my phone and this only happens with 48..
Will be changing networks asap..48 is a waste of time.. I can never use my data allowance as I can rarely connect properly..
Posted from Android 2.0
The Legend

[ Edited ]

What make and model of phone do you have?

Because the loss of settings is a known problem with some or all Samsung Galaxy handsets in case that's relevant. It's reported all over the internet but nobody seems to have identified a cause or a solution other than reconfiguring the settings when they get lost.

Other than that have you reported your problems to 48 support in case they can advise/assist?

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Lots of people have no problems with 48 data settings and performance so it's not a general problem with the network.

It's more likely to be a handset specific issue or a problem with poor coverage in certain peripheral areas.

Hope this helps.

Average Joe

As i mentioned im using the Note Edge and this does not happen with any other network sim, just 48 Thanks!
The Legend

Sorry - missed that in your post.

So it is a Samsung Galaxy.

Maybe it's the usual problem of these phones spontaneously losing their settings...?

Maybe contact 48 support for advice/assistance about this:

Hope this helps.

The Legend

Any update?

Average Joe

Hello, I've been with 48 for a while now and I have had no problems so far. Up until recently I have been getting 0 bars of reception on my phone but it's saying I have 3G. I have hard resetted my phone, tryed turning it of and on again and switching to airplane mode. Then out of nowhere I get my bars back again. It's really a problem for me as my phone is essential for my day to day life making phone calls. I have tried all the tricks in the book, I have looked it up online and everything. Do I have to reset internet settings or order a new sim?
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

Did you try taking the SIM out, gently cleaning the contacts, reseating it and switching on again?

If that doesn't help then perhaps there is something faulty with the SIM and trying a new one might help.

However I would suggest that you contact 48 support first in case they can provide more specific advice for your situation.

No harm in making sure that your internet settings are still correct but if the problem is that the signal itself is sporadically disappearing then even that may not help here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

The Legend

Did that help at all?

Coach

Re: [Resolved] Issue with some customers losing 3G connectio

Tech kev I read somewhere here that this has been happening all across the network at random times and you can't track down the issue for lack of 3g coverage, funnily I had very few issues with 3g until now or else ignored it and turned on the home wifi, it's now gone 95 % of the time in my area for the last week so the problem definitely isn't resolved and it's a mast/network issue not my phone.
Posted from Sony Xperia D6653
Hot Rod

Re: [Resolved] Issue with some customers losing 3G connectio

I'm still having issues with making calls. In Blessington. Also 3G keeps fading in out
Posted from Apple iPhone