Members

The Legend

Re: Feedback Group - Members Wanted

thomas2016 you posted again but didn't provide any info.

Please describe the problem that you are having and clarify if you have already been in contact with 48 support?

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Hot Rod

I'd be interested
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

I would be interested!
Posted from Google Nexus 5X
Average Joe

I'd be quite interested too
Posted from Samsung GT-S7580
The Legend

[ Edited ]

I have some comments/feedback on the imminent EU roaming charges changes about which I got an email although I don't see the details posted here on the 48 website yet...

Just to summarise - currently the EU roaming charges are:

• Making calls: 23c/min
  • Receiving calls: 6c/min
  • Sending texts: 6c each
  • Receiving texts: free
  • EU roaming calls add-on costs €3.50 and gives 15 outgoing call minutes (= c. 23.3c/min) and 1000 free incoming call minutes. The real benefit of this add-on is the generous free incoming call allowance since outgoing calls actually cost more than normal.
  • EU text add-on costs €2 and gives 35 outgoing texts (= c. 5.7c per text)
  • Note: no data roaming while abroad so no MMS etc.

The EU roaming charges effective from May 1st 2016 are:

• Making calls: 6c/min
  • Receiving calls: 1c/min
  • Sending texts: 2c each
  • Receiving texts: free
  • EU roaming calls add-on costs €3.50 and gives 60 outgoing call minutes (= c. 5.83c/min) and 60 free incoming call minutes.
  • EU roaming text add-on costs €2 and gives 100 texts (= 2c per text)
  • Note: no data roaming while abroad so no MMS etc.

As far as I can see:

1. The EU roaming calls add-on has a much lower free incoming calls allowance which is disappointing even if incoming calls will only cost 1c/min from May 1st. The benefits of buying an EU roaming calls add-on seem to be much more marginal under the new charging regime than in the past.
  2. The EU roaming texts add-on gives no advantage at all over just paying for outgoing texts from your cash credit balance.

In summary, under the new charging regime effective from May 1st, there is no point in buying an EU roaming texts add-on and the benefits of buying an EU roaming calls add-on may be marginal. In some (many?) cases it might simply be better to just topup your cash credit balance to cover the costs of outgoing/incoming calls and outgoing txts?

Just wondering what others think?

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Community Manager

Hi @dalyer, I've updated the thread on roaming here.

The new roaming rates are significantly reduced, so all our 48 customers will have great rates around the EU, even if they don't have one of the roaming addons. Thanks for your feedback on this Smiley Happy 

The Legend

OK - thanks.

Just to clarify (and apologies if I asked this before but have forgotten how it works...) is this correct:

When abroad in the EU...

1. EU roaming calls add-on outgoing call minutes cover calls to Irish landlines/mobiles (including Northern Ireland landlines dialled with the 048 prefix) AND calls to landlines/mobiles within the EU country in which one is travelling?
  2. EU roaming calls add-on incoming call minutes cover incoming calls from anywhere?
  3. EU text add-on outgoing text allowances cover texts to Irish mobiles or mobiles in the EU country in which one is travelling?
  4. The non EU roaming add-on charges for outgoing calls/texts apply to calls/texts to Irish numbers (landlines or mobiles including 048 NI landlines) AND calls/texts to numbers in the country in which one is travelling?
  5. Calls/texts to other countries are charged at the normal international call/text rates?

The Legend

[ Edited ]

Also - this page will presumably need to be updated soon?

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

(BTW - Liechtenstein is not spelt properly Man Happy).

Yours pedantically... Man Wink

Community Manager

The roaming page is being updated as we speak, should be completed very soon Smiley Happy I'll let them know about Liechtenstein as well, mortified for us!

In answer to your other questions:

1. EU roaming calls add-on outgoing call minutes cover calls to Irish landlines/mobiles (including Northern Ireland landlines dialled with the 048 prefix) AND calls to landlines/mobiles within the EU country in which one is travelling? Yes
2. EU roaming calls add-on incoming call minutes cover incoming calls from anywhere? Yes
3. EU text add-on outgoing text allowances cover texts to Irish mobiles or mobiles in the EU country in which one is travelling? Yes
4. The non EU roaming add-on charges for outgoing calls/texts apply to calls/texts to Irish numbers (landlines or mobiles including 048 NI landlines) AND calls/texts to numbers in the country in which one is travelling? Sorry but I'm not familar with any roaming addons for outside the EU, do you have a link and I'll check it out?
5. Calls/texts to other countries are charged at the normal international call/text rates? Yes, international calls and texts are not affected by this change. More info here.

The Legend

Thanks for the clarifications.

Sorry, I phrased this one badly...

"The non EU roaming add-on charges for outgoing calls/texts apply to calls/texts to Irish numbers (landlines or mobiles including 048 NI landlines) AND calls/texts to numbers in the country in which one is travelling?"

What I meant was 

"The standard EU roaming charges (applicable when no EU roaming add-on is used) for outgoing calls/texts apply to calls/texts to Irish numbers (landlines or mobiles including 048 NI landlines) AND calls/texts to numbers in the country in which one is travelling?"

Does that clarify?

Community Manager

Ah I see!

"The standard EU roaming charges (applicable when no EU roaming add-on is used) for outgoing calls/texts apply to calls/texts to Irish numbers (landlines or mobiles including 048 NI landlines) AND calls/texts to numbers in the country in which one is travelling?" - Yes, that is correct. 

Let me know if you need any more info @dalyer!

The Legend

Thanks a lot for all the clarifications.

Community Manager

We've asked our Feedback Group a question, if you're a member check it out here - http://community.48months.ie/t5/Feedback-Group/gp-p/Feedback

If you'd like to join, post here to let me know and I'll add you to the private group!

Average Joe

Yeah I'd be interested
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
Average Joe

request sent