cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Problem while in Northern Ireland

AlanO0905
Newcomer

Last Friday I drove to Belfast and needed my Google MAps to help me find the place I was visiting. This worked perfectly well when travelling from the South to my destination in Belfast. However, when I wanted to visit another location in Belfast, my Internet connection disappeared. I tried various things but could not get a connection. When I was around the border, the connection came back. Does anyone know why this might have happened ? I checked the APN and the only one listed was "Tesco" rather than "48".

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Lots of people have been having problems with roaming data and even just getting a network connection while roaming. Unfortunately I haven't seen any general solution posted so all I can suggest is that you try to get an explanation from 48 support.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

SilviaB5438
Newcomer
I had this problem too in more than one EU country. My husband's phone (also on 48 with same plan) hasn't been working since the summer when outside RoI. We contacted support and also logged a formal complain. No explanation was given other than it might be your phone or is the host network and 48 is not responsible. A friend had the same issue with another network when in Spain, all settings are correct. I'd say the found a way to block the free roaming.

@SilviaB5438 wrote:
I'd say the found a way to block the free roaming.

For what it's worth, no carrier is allowed to do that in the EU (not sure about UK/NI):

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer/consumer_laws/consumer_rights_in_eu.html#:~:text=Unde....

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.