Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send texts

Anon
Not applicable

Hi!

I have a problem, every time I try to send a text, an error message appears 😞

I start the number with +353, but it seems it doesn't work.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What error message?

Can you receive texts?

Did sending texts ever work?

Can you make and receive calls OK?

Is your SMSC configured correctly?

Problems sending a text

Are you testing an Irish mobile number? Remember that international texts are charged from your cash credit balance (25c each).

Other call charges

What make/model of phone are you on?

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date and text allowance balance?

Any chance you are sending long texts which your phone converts to MMS and which cost 30c each to send (charged from your cash credit balance)?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What error message?

Can you receive texts?

Did sending texts ever work?

Can you make and receive calls OK?

Is your SMSC configured correctly?

Problems sending a text

Are you testing an Irish mobile number? Remember that international texts are charged from your cash credit balance (25c each).

Other call charges

What make/model of phone are you on?

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date and text allowance balance?

Any chance you are sending long texts which your phone converts to MMS and which cost 30c each to send (charged from your cash credit balance)?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Did you drop the zero when you added the +353?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Good point! 🙂