cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On holiday in Turkey..

Anon
Not applicable

I was in holiday on turkey last month and according to 48 if you buy the call and texts add ons your phone should work over their..Well I bought the add-ons and my phone didnt work?? Can you help me with this for future??

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

The roaming call/text add-ons are only for EU countries and do not cover Turkey so buying them when going to Turkey is pointless and a waste of money:

http://www.48months.ie/pricing

We have 2 add-ons that offer great value when roaming in the EU

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Antilles (incl Guadeloupe), French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte & Reunion, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (incl. Azores and Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (incl Canary Islands), Sweden, or the UK (incl Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man) 

However roaming outside the EU should still work just that you pay more:

Rest of Europe (non EU)

Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Gibraltar, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey or Ukraine you'll pay:

Making calls and calling your voicemail€1.69
Receiving calls€1.59
Sending texts39c
Receiving textsFree

I'm not sure why roaming in Turkey did not work for you. Maybe 48 can explain? Did you try connecting through different networks in case there was some difference? Maybe log a support request to ask 48 why this did not work for you?

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Will my 48 work while I'm in Northern Ireland ??

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yes. You might want to look at the eu roaming add ons in case they are more cost effective for your usage pattern. Data roaming does not work though.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.