cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems registering a SIM

cataku
Visitor

Hey,
So I registered some SIM ages and ages ago but lost it, then got a new one sent recently. Now whenever I try to register it as a new SIM for my account, this happens:

Selection_203.png

Anyone else got that before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes - there is a difference.

I don't think that you can register a new SIM as a replacement or vice versa but I'm not sure.

If you tried to register a new SIM as a replacement and it failed then I guess not.

The problem about registering a new SIM (as a new SIM!) is that it needs a new email address/account and will be totally unlinked to any existing account/email address that you may have used before.

If this is an issue then contact 48 support.

If not then just try registering a new SIM/account/email address.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Do what it says - contact 48 support for assistance.

They're back in work tomorrow morning.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Figured it would be faster to get a reply on the forum where someone might have had a similar experience since I need this fixed asap x_x

I know but there's nothing that anybody on the forum can do if your are getting that error.

You need to contact 48 support who are back online in the morning.

Are you sure that you ordered a replacement SIM and not a new SIM?

And you followed the activation process for a replacement SIM and not a new SIM?

Hope this helps.

Yes, you said that already 😛
And I told you why I posted it here before sending off a query and waiting around.
Guess the forum isn't very lively

@dalyer wrote:

Are you sure that you ordered a replacement SIM and not a new SIM?

And you followed the activation process for a replacement SIM and not a new SIM?

Oh, is there a difference?
I ordered a new sim since I forgot that I ever registered the old one, but then tried simply adding it as a replacement sim.
If that's what it was then awesome, I'll just fix that

Yes - there is a difference.

I don't think that you can register a new SIM as a replacement or vice versa but I'm not sure.

If you tried to register a new SIM as a replacement and it failed then I guess not.

The problem about registering a new SIM (as a new SIM!) is that it needs a new email address/account and will be totally unlinked to any existing account/email address that you may have used before.

If this is an issue then contact 48 support.

If not then just try registering a new SIM/account/email address.

Hope this helps.

Yup, that was the problem. Used a different email address when registering and that worked perfectly fine.

Thanks for that!

Great - glad you got it sorted.

But I assumed that you wanted to link the new SIM to an existing account/email address - and on that basis assumed that you needed to contact support for assistance.