cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim

woody02
Newcomer
I got a text from 1749 saying it can't connect to my phone I tried using tweakker and it won't work I bought this iphone5s unlocked from my friend and he used 48 this is my first time using 48 I bought membership ad everything nothing seems to work I can't ring or receive call texts or anything or use my mobile date...please help
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Two things - 

(1) To configure your internet settings follow the instructions here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

(2) iPhones can need activation on some networks due to the stupid way that Apple does things. This process automatically sends a UK SMS which on 48 costs 25c so you need some cash credit on your account for this to work. The process should happen automatically after a while once you have cash credit for that message and you switch the phone off and on again. In some cases it may required a sync with iTunes. Unfortunately Apple make things even more complicated by not clearly documenting this process and what to do in what circumstances.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

woody02
Newcomer
I've tried configuring the internet settings but it isn't working?

You need to also try what I suggested in point #2 above.

This is an issue with iPhones due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?