cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone goes blocked sporadically

greenvedder
Newcomer

Hi all

I have a redmi 2 (http://www.mi.com/in/redmi2/) bought in China. After configuring all the internet settings, the phone works fine, but it blocks from time to time for no reason. For example, when I am writing a mesage the phone blocks and i have to enter the PIN number. After that the phone works fine againg, but after a while it happens again. Seems that there is a phisical problem with the compatibility between the sim card and the phone. I ordered a new sim card but the problem is there again

Any suggestion is welcome

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?
Personally I never bother with sim pin locking.
I don't even bother with screen locking. 🙂
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You mean it prompts for the SIM PIN[1] every so often?

Did you disable SIM PIN locking in your security settings?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yeah, I disabled the SIM PIN locking and seems it works. No more phone blocked so far. Many thanks

Nevertheless, I wonder why this happens and if there might be another way to solve the problem but keeping the option SIM PIN enabled

Thanks anyway

Maybe your phone is sporadically rebooting when idle and that is why you get the SIM PIN prompt?

On Android (and maybe also iOS, Windows etc.) you can install apps to log reboots.

I sometimes use this one to check for random reboots caused by some problem with the phone, apps or configuration:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dugan.restartlogger

In the original post you say that your phone "blocks" from time to time but I don't really understand what that means.

Hope this helps.

The phone does not really reboot: it turns blocked like when you start the phone for the first time or when you reboot the phone. For instance, when i am writing a message or listen to the radio, the phone prompts me the PIN code like it had been rebooted. After entering the PIN code and unlock it, the phone works well until it happens again, which can happen in 5 minutes or in 2 hours, randomly. It looks like there is any kind of phisical imcompatibility between this type of phone and the SIM card

Thanks for your comments

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Seems to be an issue with that phone e.g.

http://en.miui.com/thread-114215-1-1.html
http://en.miui.com/thread-114845-1-1.html

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
One of those threads mentions this workaround in case it helps:

"As a workaround, you can try to manually select the operator instead of letting the phone pick one up automatically."

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?
Personally I never bother with sim pin locking.
I don't even bother with screen locking. 🙂

I see that my last post was marked as a solution.

Did you sort the issue out?

What was the solution?

Yes! Choosing manually the network solved the problem. No more PIN SIM lock any more!

Thanks a million for your help!!