cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid 10 euro membership but can't connect to internet with 1GB of data

Anon
Not applicable
I switched to 48 just recently and I paid for the 10 euro membership that allows me access to free texts to any network , 300 minutes call time to any network and 1GB of data for internet , everything works fine except any time I am In a non WiFi area and I turn on my data connection I can't connect to the internet and thus not allowing me to use the 1GB data allowance ....please help it'd be Much appreciated thank you 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
OK. I don't know why that is.
I think that the app has always worked for me on various phones.
You'll probably have to configure the settings manually so.
See the link that I posted above.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

22 REPLIES 22

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need to configure your internet settings.

See here:

Internet Settings

You seem to be using an iOcean X7 in which case the online configurator does not support that so the easiest way to configure it may be to download the Tweakker APN app over wifi and use that:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi! Accidentally, I have lost my pin and puk code, so I can't use my SIM card and my phone number. How can I have another PIN code to can use my sim card?

Thank you very much.

King regards,

Fernando

Anon
Not applicable
Thanks a million I'll try that 🙂

And make sure that data roaming is enabled - I can't remember if Tweakker APN sets that but it's needed.

Let us know how you get on.

Anon
Not applicable
Hi again I tried the app you suggested and when I tried to activate it it told me I was roaming right now but I have not enabled data roaming 😕 but when I go to my settings it shows that I have data roaming ticked , any suggestions? I appreciate the help thank you 🙂

Did it configure your APN/internet settings?

You need data roaming enabled because 48 is a virtual network operating on the O2 physical network.

When you enable data roaming does the carrier data connection work?

If necessary to test it manually disable wifi temporarily and see if you can browse to, say, google.com.

Hope this helps.

Hi there, I have also paid 10 euro membership sim card but Internet doesn't work on my samsung galaxy S II unless I enable the data roaming, but I am not sure of activating data roaming because it could mean that I will have to pay so many extra charges. What can I do? ShouldI enable data roaming or should I do another thing? Because I have completed all the steps and have configurated all the things I had to configure on my mobile phone.

I hope you answer me. Thank you very much , I am bit distressed with this because I cant use Internet unless I have wifi.

You must enable data roaming. 

It doesn't incur any extra cost.

It's simply necessary because 48 is a virtual carrier operating on the O2 network.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
The app won't configure my settings unless I have data roaming enabled but from looking at my settings it shows I do , I can access the internet no problem as long as I have WiFi but once I turn it off and try and access it while the data connection is turned on it doesn't seem to work , whenever I go to the settings and I go to roaming and then data roaming it has that it is ticked which I assume means its turned on but it seems the app is telling me otherwise 😕