cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travelling to ghana - phone use over there

Im travelling to ghana the end of may, i know there is no internet over there and before i go i want to buy some add - on texts and calls to mobiles and im not seeing that option to do that,

does anyone know why?

All i see is the option to buy internet, landlines minutes or roaming texts etc but im not going into an EU country..

any help i would appreciate

******  my email address

thanks

Edit / personal details removed. -Marion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Your phone won't work there at all - at least not with your 48 SIM/account. 48 don't support roaming in Africa at all - only EU, rest of Europe, North America and Oceania (Australia and New Zealand).

See here:

Other call charges

Since roaming is not supported in Africa the following is irrelevant but I'm just posting it for completeness...

EU roaming calls/texts are the only roaming add-ons available so when travelling elsewhere where roaming is supported (rest of Europe, North America, Oceania) you have to have cash on your credit balance to pay for services (making/receiving calls and sending texts). There are no non EU roaming add-ons available.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Your phone won't work there at all - at least not with your 48 SIM/account. 48 don't support roaming in Africa at all - only EU, rest of Europe, North America and Oceania (Australia and New Zealand).

See here:

Other call charges

Since roaming is not supported in Africa the following is irrelevant but I'm just posting it for completeness...

EU roaming calls/texts are the only roaming add-ons available so when travelling elsewhere where roaming is supported (rest of Europe, North America, Oceania) you have to have cash on your credit balance to pay for services (making/receiving calls and sending texts). There are no non EU roaming add-ons available.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thank you Dalyer for getting back to me and clarifying that, a 48 agent emailed me a while back and told me all would work in Ghana,   - good job i said i would check again to be sure, i will buy a sim card when i get to ghana and use an old Nokia phone and hope that works then.

Appreciate your reply

celine

If they said it would work in Ghana/Africa then I think that they are mistaken.

Certainly it does not tally with the information published here:

Other call charges

Hope this helps.

Yep dalyer's correct - 48 doesn't support calls, texts or internet in Ghana, so you will be unable to use your phone there with 48. The Agents also mentioned this in their correspondence. Apologies if there was any confusion somehow though.