cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not working on Android v14

ConorL0660
Visitor
Pixel 7 updated to Android version 14. SIM was working fine before but stopped since the upgrade and can't connect to the network.

Tested 48 SIM in wife's phone and it still works. Wife's 3 SIM also not working on Android 14.

Anyone experience the same? Or know if this an Android 14 or network problem?

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What does a manual search for networks show?

What if you toggle airplane mode on and off again?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for the reply. Tried both after reading about similar issues for a beta version of Android 14.

Toggling airplane mode off/on makes no difference. Manual network search shows "Couldn't find networks. Try again".

Same Sim card worked fine before upgrade and also fine in an android phone not on v14.

Maybe check, and reconfigure, any network settings?

Is roaming/data roaming still enabled?

Could the update have changed network related settings?

Could you do a backup and factory reset and then configure from scratch?

It certainly sounds like the software/settings rather than the SIM itself.

Unless there is some incompatibility between the SIMs and Android 14.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Some other suggestions here, but you may have seen them already?

Yeah, had found those. Opted into the Android beta program. Installed a newer update for v14 and still not working.

Will be trying an eir SIM later to compare. After that will try reinstalling Android v14. Will post a reply later with results.

Another bit of a stab in the dark but have you tried toggling the "Use SIM" option off and on?

Thanks again. Tried that and have reset network settings along with toggling different options like preferred network type. Still the same.

Contacted 48 support. They are not aware of any issues with new Android v14 and expect everything to work. That's not been my experience but maybe something went wrong when my phone was updating 

Have you tried a factory reset and reconfiguration?

Obviously this will wipe everything so you'll want to do some sort of backup.

Otherwise I'm stumped unfortunately. 

Backed everything up (hopefully). Reset phone to factory settings. Android 14 was still installed after a full reset. Sim card still not working! Not sure what next. Maybe try to reinstall Android v13 somehow.