Did you mean: 

48 SIM in 5G router - no 5G connection, only 4G

JamesC7253
Newcomer

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What is the make and model of the router?

What are the router APN settings?

Do you have a 5G phone in which to test the SIM to see if it gets a 5G connection there?

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thank you for your reply.The router is a 3 brand,unlocked MC801A.The APN just says APN,no other settings available.I tried in my phone,Google 6A 5g and there is a signal of 5g.The sim lock is disabled by router but all I still get is 4G?

I presume that the APN is set to 48months.liffeytelecom.com?

There may be a few other APN related settings that need to be configured on the router:

Are you sure that 5G is enabled?

Screenshot_20240316-202534.png

Have you tried the router in different positions, such as at windows, in case the 5G signal is weak in your area?

Otherwise you'll probably have to contact 48 support for further assistance.

But I don't know if they provide support for people using their SIMs in a router rather than a phone.

To contact 48 support see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.