cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service whatsoever

SiobhanR1725
Visitor
I signed up yesterday, bought a plan and kept my Vodafone number. I only had calls and texts so contacted chat again and assistant said to try few things like changing apn settings and sent all details. Did everything he said to do and then I had nothing, no service at all. No texts or calls and of course the ridiculous chat disconnected when he said to turn off my phone for 3 minutes. I really want to leave this company but Vodafone can’t port my number as I’ve no service to get a code and 48 are going around in circles with silly questions saying it’s the phone, it’s the sim, tried new sim, tried different phone with sim and now they say order a new sim again, like seriously , I have spent all day since 9 am till 7 pm trying to sort it but they just haven’t a clue. Re asking questions like what’s the make and model of phone etc. puk number etc. I’ve had enough now. Such a terrible company and in the end told me to go to Dublin to a Fun Tech store. So a repair shop basically. Over an hour away. Anyone have any idea, other than contacting the chat again
7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sounds frustrating alright...

Do you have any connection to the 48 network and signal bars at all now?

If not then if you do a manual search for networks can you see and connect to 48?

If not then what happens?

If you do establish a connection then do calls and texts work?

If they do then you should be able to configure your APN settings to get mobile data access.

Text "APN" to 50048 and follow the instructions:

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

No I d nothing at all. No service at all of any kind. No bars and no network found. Calls and texts worked till I told them I’d no WiFi , then nothing, it’s like that disconnected me or something and they keep saying try new sim, try new phone. I’m going into third sim now. Thanks for reaching out but it’s just weird and Vodafone can’t do a thing till these guys sort it out their end .

Als I can’t text that number you are saying as I can’t text but thanks

You didn't clarify what happens if you do a search for networks and try to connect to 48 if it's listed?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Nothing coming up, no networks. 48 say it’s the sim, the phone, funny thing is I bought a new sim from vodafone today and worked straight away in same phone. Customer care ask the same questions over and over, what phone is it etc. No service whether they’ve done. Now I’ve lost my number I’ve had for years.

That's frustrating.

If should be possible to retrieve your number from 48.

Maybe try the complaints number on this page in order to escalate matters?

SiobhanR1725
Visitor
I can’t get my number back from this shower. Changed over and I’ve nothing at all now and can’t go back to vodafone as no service to get a code to reactivate a plan. I’ve to get a new no tmor and change everything and it’s such a lot of contacts etc personal and business. What a night mare