cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number error "This MSISDN already exists"

JonathanR9781
Newcomer

I tried logging in the app last week before I saw the notice and I thought I had forgotten my password. I tried resetting it and it said my email address was invalid. I stupidly made a new account under the same email address so now I can't access my old account. I ordered a new SIM card and when I tried activating it and keeping my old number it says "Sorry!. This msisdn already exists". It also won't let me activate my old SIM card with the new account as I don't have the activation code for it and prepending 89353 to the code on the card doesn't work.

I could figure out how to contact support. The page https://48.ie/contact-us mentions "clicking on the messaging button" but I can't see such a button. What can I do?

Thanks,

Jonathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This error ("this MSISDN already exists") can occur in rare cases if your number was previously with 48, you moved it to another provider, and now you are moving it back to 48.

You'll need to contact 48 support about this and your SIM activation problem.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This error ("this MSISDN already exists") can occur in rare cases if your number was previously with 48, you moved it to another provider, and now you are moving it back to 48.

You'll need to contact 48 support about this and your SIM activation problem.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks. I don't know where I could have found that email address. I sent them an email and a ticket was opened for me. Hopefully they can fix it.

Yeah, it's not exactly obvious where to find it.

For what it's worth and maybe for the benefit of others, it's here:

Were you with 48 in the past and are coming back again?

That could be the reason for the error - but in any case it needs support to fix it as it shouldn't happen.

Good luck!

doofwarrior
Newcomer

How long will it take to solve this?

If you're affected by it then you'll have to contact 48 support about your specific case.

Otherwise nothing is going to change for you.

48 don't generally monitor or respond to posts here on the Community Forum.

To contact 48 support see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com