Members

The Legend

Re: roaming

See here for a practically identical query:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Memberships/Roaming/m-p/44945

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
The Legend

Did that help at all @dvfarrell?

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Hot Rod

It gives me info I needed but ill still be left with no data or calls for half my holiday
Posted from Samsung SM-G901F
The Legend

Did you contact 48 support as I suggested in the other thread to see if they can make a special allowance for people like you (and the other person) who are in an awkward situation with regard to the membership renewal date and the date of the contract/roaming changes?

What did they say?

Hope this helps.

The Legend

Any update @dvfarrell?

Average Joe

I got a response .....

Hi

The changes coming into effect are taking place on the 13th of June, and will affect using the phones in EU countries.

The only membership that we have that will work for roaming will be GUIDOs purchased on or after the 13th.

However for both yourself and your brother, as your memberships would be due to renew on the 6th of June, you will still be able to use any EU add ons purchased before the 13th of June, which will remain valid for one month.

But after the 13th of June the add on won't be available and the MITCH membership won't be available abroad.

For more detailed information check out the follwing link:

http://48months.ie/roaming/the-mitch?

For anything else, check out our community at 48go.co/48community

All the best!

John @ the 48 care crew
Go conquer!

So solution .... buy Guido on 6th and get Add on's. This will cover EU for a month.
Going forward, when going abroad, make sure you buy Guido for that month

Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

That's interesting and wasn't obvious from the info posted to date as far I can see.

So a Guido membership + EU roaming add-ons bought before 13th June will continue to work while roaming in the EU even after 13th June?

Thanks a lot for posting that as it may well help others.

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Average Joe

Re: Roaming

I agree its greed at it finest , peeps will vote with their feet and leave you .

My mate and I are moving .

Hot Rod

Is this comment true. If I buy data add on before I go away June 10th it work after 13th
Hot Rod

I don't see an option to buy data roaming add ons in my 48? Option is only for calls and text
The Legend

There is no roaming data add-on.

Data does not work at all abroad on 48.

That will change on 13th June for Guido memberships bought/started on or after 13th in which case your regular membership/add-on allowances will work while roaming in the EU.

Hope this helps.

The Legend

dvfarrell wrote:
Is this comment true. If I buy data add on before I go away June 10th it work after 13th

No. That's not what was said.

The add-ons referred to are EU roaming calls and texts add-ons.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
The Legend

Did that help at all @dvfarrell?

Check these out