cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Joined, Just registered, can't make or receive calls

Anon
Not applicable

I've just joined. I registered the sim card I got in the post, registered the sim card and purchased my membership. However I cannot make or receive calls. I can't ring or conntect to the internet. 

I badly need the phone in the morning, however it seems something has gone when registering. I'm using a new number so not transferring my old one over. I can't understand what may have happened? Is there a period where my sim card registration is evaluated or anything of that nature? 

Thanka in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Is it not under Check your existing requests or View your recently solved and closed requests in your online account?

You never clarified if you are getting any signal/bars at all.

Did you try the sync with iTunes with at least 25c credit on your account?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

19 REPLIES 19

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
In not talking about cash credit for using services. I'm referring specifically to covering the cost of a 25c UK SMS that sync with iTunes and activation (provisioning?) of the iPhone on a new network can require. Why not do this and see if it helps? Otherwise you'll just have to wait for support to get back to you tomorrow I guess. And voicemail redirects are not enabled by default in my experience so that test process nothing in my opinion.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Typos...

I'm not referring to...
... that test proves nothing...

Anon
Not applicable
To continue my good experience with 48 so far, I asked a question to a. Agent last night. Submitted it and even came back later to add more info in a second comment to an agent. I login this morning to find it's disappeared. Fantastic.

Is it not under Check your existing requests or View your recently solved and closed requests in your online account?

You never clarified if you are getting any signal/bars at all.

Did you try the sync with iTunes with at least 25c credit on your account?

Anon
Not applicable
The issue has been resolved. It wasn't the phone and I didn't need to sync it. However you've been a great help Dayler, thank you.

Glad you got it sorted.

Just curious - what was the issue and how was it solved?

Was it a problem with the SIM registration/activation after all?

ozokpo
Newcomer
I cannot make calls or receive calls in my new 48 sim number.

dc888
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

@ozokpo wrote:
I cannot make calls or receive calls in my new 48 sim number.

Check this guide http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/No-Service/m-p/35778.

It might help you figure out what is wrong.

Damian

ozokpo
Newcomer
I have just discovered that my SIM CARD is permanently locked. How can I unblock my SIM CARD urgently required.

@ozokpo wrote:
I have just discovered that my SIM CARD is permanently locked. How can I unblock my SIM CARD urgently required.

If it's your SIM that's locked then see here:

I forgot my PIN

However are you sure that it's your SIM and not your phone being locked to another network?

What is the exact error message?

Hope this helps.