cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data

rock_chick
Visitor

Hi

after quite happily using my mobile data on my samsung s3 mini for the past year it suddenly seemed to stop on monday.  

I have received the settings text twice and have manually gone through all the settings as suggested and still cannot get it to work.  I have loads of data left on my membership and the internet works fine with my wifi.   

Please help i miss my viber on the go.

19 REPLIES 19

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did anything change on the phone?

Software update or something like that?

I've heard other reports of Samsung phones spontaneously losing their internet/APN settings for some reason. Google it and you will see.

If you need to reconfigure your settings then see the options here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/internet-on-my-phone/m-p/31369#M10212

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

bigjoeod
Regular

@rock_chick wrote:

Hi

after quite happily using my mobile data on my samsung s3 mini for the past year it suddenly seemed to stop on monday.  

I have received the settings text twice and have manually gone through all the settings as suggested and still cannot get it to work.  I have loads of data left on my membership and the internet works fine with my wifi.   

Please help i miss my viber on the go.

Data roaming turned on?

Also refer to the above post.

tried everything - manually put in every samsung settings on the website

reconfigured settings several times

data roaming is on, mobile data is on!

cannot think what else to do

running on android 4.1.2 but dont know when it updated to this..

Did you try the online configurator?

Or the Tweakker APN app?

See here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/internet-on-my-phone/m-p/31369#M10212

If you still can't get it working post your settings here for review.

I'm assuming that you already have a data allowance as part of your membership or a data add-on.

Hope this help.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Screenshot_2014-11-11-14-38-35.pngScreenshot_2014-11-11-14-38-40.pngScreenshot_2014-11-11-14-38-46.pngScreenshot_2014-11-11-14-38-51.pngScreenshot_2014-11-11-14-38-55.png

here are screen shots of settings!!

rock_chick
Visitor
So I have restored factory settings and reconfigured internet settings using tweakker message!
Dey read as follows;:
mobile data is on,
data roaming is on
Apns: Internet : 48months.liffeytelecom.com - green dot is on
Name: Internet
APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
Mmsc: not set
Mms proxy: not set
Mms port: not set
Mcc: 272
Mnc: 11
Authentication type: PAP
Apn type: default,supl
Apn protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

@rock_chick wrote:
Mmsc: not set
Mms proxy: not set
Mms port: not set
Mcc: 272
Mnc: 11
Authentication type: PAP
Apn type: default,supl

Did you try the online configurator and/or Tweakker APN app instead of manual configuration?

Anyway...

Try changing the above to:

MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms

MMS proxy: 10.1.11.19

MMS port: 8080

Authentication type: None

APN type: default,mms,supl

and leave your other settings as they are.

Let us know if that helps.

This should configure a single APN that works for both internet and MMS purposes. In which case you can delete the second "MMS" APN that you have configured.

Hope this helps.

Did that help?

rock_chick
Visitor
Ya just did dat dis morn, no good either! ! Had used d app but it just tells me to write down d settings n put n manually! Used tweakker online too where d send u d configuration txt! Thanks anyhow! Wondering if its a phone prob at dis stage! Thanks again!