cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the update coming to blackberry the new Os 10.2.1 in Ireland ? It's out every where else!!

Anon
Not applicable
The new BlackBerry Os has been released yet there is none from 48 and this update is so needed!!! Please get it out soon!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't know why that is.

BlackBerry certainly suggest that a non OTA update will work through their software.

Maybe contact them about it?

Perhaps they have a support forum or something?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I don't think that 48 issue software updates for any phone - never mind the Blackberry.

If an update is available can't you get it from the Blackberry support site or something?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

But blackberry have already announced the "carriers" like vodafone and o2 that have released the new update it's on crackberry.com a list full of the carriers that released it!!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yes but those carriers sell phones so roll out software updates to them. 48 don't. I'd imagine you can get the updates directly from BlackBerry though?

Anon
Not applicable
yeah, whenever a new BB OS comes out, it is not up to the network provider to release it.

you'll have to visit the blackberry site and just download it to your phone; i guess?

get back and let us know for sure.

Anon
Not applicable

Ya I have done that It doest say anything about downloading it manually but then I checked crackberry.com and they had a list of -carriers- that had the update available to them like meteor...

I'm pretty sure that only carriers who provide BlackBerry handsets will roll this out.

48 do not provide any handsets at all and I'm pretty certain that they will not be rolling this - or any other handset firmware update - out.

You'll have to get it through some other means.

Edit: isn't this it - i.e. how to update via the PC and BlackBerry Link if you can't do an OTA (over the air) update?

http://uk.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update/blackberry10-os.html?IID=uk:bb:desktop:BB10-OS:...

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

I get what your on about but I tried ota and BlackBerry Link and nothing works!! Nowhere to download so I might try a new sim from meteor because I know they have released it

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Don't you have to install the BlackBerry Link software on your pc and use that to do the update?

Anon
Not applicable

You can do it both ways and none have worked