cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new chip wont work saying something about email .. now my ph wont rng out and has no service

Anon
Not applicable

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

When you say "chip" do you mean "SIM"?

What exactly are you doing and what exactly is the error message?

What happened here - did you order a replacement SIM?

How did you attempt to register this?

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date etc.?

If it's a different sized SIM and you want to register/activate it under your existing number/account/membership then, as far as I know you should contact support rather than trying to register it through the website. See here for more on this process:

All you need to know about SIMs

Need to swap your SIM? 

If you get a new SIM and attempt to register it from scratch using the email address associated with your existing account then I suspect that this may screw up your existing account...

You may need to contact 48 support:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Hey guys basically i applied for a new 48 sim .. It arrived i tried applying to become new member but now i put into my email address an details but saying email address not sufficient :(.. Now my ph says no service and no one can get in touch wit me 😞 please help

Did you read the guide that I linked to above about registering a new SIM?

What is the exact text of the error message and when do you get it?

I can't imagine that it's literally "email address not sufficient"?!?

Until your SIM is registered it will not work in your phone.

(I'm assuming that your phone is already unlocked for use on any network - if not then you need to get it unlocked).

Can you log into your online account? 

If so what does it say?

If not what error do you get when you try?

You should probably contact 48 support using the link that I posted above. 

48 support generally do not post back on queries here on the forum.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.