cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim

Anon
Not applicable

okay so i have a copy of a samsung galaxy s3.. if i go into settings, under wireless and networks.. it has wireless, bluetooth, sim management, and call settings.. when i go into sim management it has the number 27211 for all settings.. but i have no service anywhere.. is this the correct number? and if so.. whats wrong with my phone/sim?

7 REPLIES 7

Anon
Not applicable
Hi farmertom

First off, what do you mean by "copy" of a Samsung Galaxy s3 ?
Also, is this your first time using a 48 sim in your handset or have you been with 48 for a while ?
Is your phone unlocked and have you registered your sim online ?
If you could reply with a little more information ill gladly try help with your sim problem !

Yours,
Camille

Community Helper

Anon
Not applicable

its pretty much a fake S3.. i have been using 48 for a long time on my previous phone.. my phone is unlocked and i have registerd my sim online

Anon
Not applicable

it is my first time using 48 in this particular handset

Anon
Not applicable
Does your handset use android ?
If not, setting up Internet settings may be a little tricky as we are not familiar with fake handsets.
When you go into Internet settings, is there an option to change the APN?

Yours,
Camille

Community Helper

Anon
Not applicable

yes the phone uses android.. i cant find any settings for an apn 😕 but its not just the internet on the phone i have no service what so ever.. i cant make calls or texts.. what frequency does 48 run on?

Anon
Not applicable
Hi farmertom

If you tap settings>more settings>mobile networks >access point names > 48>

The list of Internet settings should appear for you to change.
This is how you change the settings on a legitimate Samsung Galaxy S3 so I presume if your device is running the same OS it should be the same.

I hope this works,
Yours,
Camille

Community Helper

See if Tweakker APN can configure your settings automatically maybe?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-Settings/m-p/474#M116

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.