pottybates
Visitor
How do I turn data roaming on?
9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What exactly do you mean?

Are you abroad in the EU and trying to use data?

Or here in Ireland?

One way or another you need your internet/APN settings configured correctly:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M1...

But some people are having problems with data access at the moment so if you are having problems too then that's probably the reason:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Internet/No-data-out-of-the-blue/m-p/45425#M2442

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

pottybates
Visitor
I'm in France at the moment. I'm getting my emails and WhatsApp is working. But my network coverage sucks. My texts don't seem to be getting through?!

Do you have a Guido memberhsip which was started on/after 13th June?

If not then EU roaming calls/texts/data services are not going to work for you.

See here for how EU roaming works since 13th June:

EU Roaming Update

48 users/members were notified of these changes by text and/or email a month or more ago.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

pottybates
Visitor
My current Guido membership ends on the 18th June. Then my next one starts. Is my current membership no good here?

@pottybates wrote:
My current Guido membership ends on the 18th June. Then my next one starts. Is my current membership no good here?

Unfortunately not.

Only when your new Guido membership starts on the 19th will roaming work.

In the meantime all you can use is wifi where available.

Hope this helps.

pottybates
Visitor
OK. I thought that was the case but I got confused when my Internet was working and my WhatsApp?! I'm not building up an unknown charge am I?

@pottybates wrote:
! I'm not building up an unknown charge am I?

No. I presume that your WhatsApp is working when you're on wifi?

In any case you can't rack up unknown charges in this context.

And in general the most that you can ever spend is the amount of cash credit (if any) on your account - e.g. when making international calls, sending international texts, calling special (e.g. 1850/1890) numbers, sending MMS messages etc.

Hope this helps.

pottybates
Visitor
OK. Great. Thanks so much for your help and clarification. Cheers

Glad it helped.