cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My LenovoA806 will not connect to my sim card,any solutions?

fionahd33_x
Visitor

My Lenovo A806 will not connect to my sim card and it will not let me manually select a mobile network. Any solutions to fixing this? 

10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Do you get any error messages?

Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?

It needs to be to work on 48.

Do you get any signal bars at all?

Do you get any networks listed when you scan?

Do you have roaming/data roaming enabled?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

It shows up a mssage that says No SIM card- No service.

I think it is unlocked, I was able to put my meteor sim card in with no problems, I dont get any signal bars and I can't use the internet unless I'm connected to wifi. It won't let me select data roaming or anything to do with my data. It also won't let me manually select my network. 

Are you sure that the phone isn't locked to Meteor?

Was it ever used on any other network?

Is the SIM card registered/activated?

Have you tried taking it out, gently cleaning it and reseating it to ensure that it's making good contact?

If it is activated and not working then you might need to try a new SIM card.

Need to swap your SIM?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I'm pretty sure it isn't locked to meteor, it's a phone that's mainly meant for the chinese phone market and not really meant for Ireland! it is the phone I am currently using while my other phone is being fixed. Once i get my phone back i will know if it's the sim card that is the problem. Ive taken it out and cleaned it but it is still telling me the same thing.

So the Meteor SIM worked  fine in it?

Can you try any other SIMs?

If others work but the 48 one doesn't then you may need to try a replacement SIM.

Hope this helps.

Had no issues at all with the meteor sim! I don't have access to a different sim right now but I will try that later also !Thanks for the help!

Did you get to try anything else?

fionahd33_x
Visitor
No, I think the lenovo does not have a the right frequency for 48, I have a replacement phone and the sim card is working

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
This site should clarify if a particular phone if compatible with a particular network but you need to know the exact model as sometimes there are variants of a particular model - eg Chinese v European model with the former maybe not working on some networks/frequencies here.

http://willmyphonework.net

Hope this helps.