cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Data In Ireland

TufazzalA1447
Newcomer
I have gotten 48 about 2 weeks ago as it was a very good deal, but when I've started to use it, the data has been very slow for me mostly indoors, mostly it's good but sometimes it gets very slow and struggles to load any tiktoks or YouTube videos(takes a few mins), this has been happening to me all day today and has happened before, there isn't much rain either, just a little drizzle. Is there any way to speed up this slow data, I've used the correct APN settings and I am contemplating on switching to Gomo if 48 data in Ireland stays this slow.
9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are you sure that your APN settings are correct?

Where are you located?

Do you know others on 48?

If so do they have the same issue?

What sort of speeds are you getting?

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

TufazzalA1447
Newcomer
Yes I have the app settings correct. Everyone I know uses Gomo or something other than 48. I'm located in Limerick.
When it's slow I hardly get 500kbs both up and down

Would you be able to try your SIM in another unlocked phone to test the speed there?

You may need to contact 48 support about this as I suggested.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

TufazzalA1447
Newcomer
The issue I am getting most annoyed with is the problem my data can hardly hold 2 people on my hotspot while us 3 people are playing a game (Call of duty Mobile)

@TufazzalA1447 wrote:
The issue I am getting most annoyed with is the problem my data can hardly hold 2 people on my hotspot while us 3 people are playing a game (Call of duty Mobile)

I wouldn't expect mobile 4G to necessarily work well in this context due to variable speeds and high latencies. It's not really well suited for gaming. But, as I've said a couple of times already, contact 48 support about this and see if they can do anything about it.

FernandoB7697
Newcomer
I'm having the same issue, both me and my wife have the same internet but she has 100gb data and I have 200gb. She has 4g all day from home while I'm having 2g with much slower data... Same configuration on both phones.... Considering to change company

The 48 data speeds are a joke supposed to be 4G+ with a download speed of 13mbps ! Tried on several phones and tablets to no avail hotspots are far worse.
Borrowed a mates Lyca sim and speeds shot up to 250mbps on 5G . Come on 48 give us proper speeds or I'm gone.

I can upload a screenshot if attachments were allowed.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend