cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send MMS with one SIM but can with another?!?!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Anybody got any ideas on this one? With my SIM installed in my phone I have never been able to send MMS messages on the 48 network. Either it sits there "Sending..." indefinitely or I get "Message not sent - service not activated on network" but the message never goes. I have Don membership and enough credit balance to pay the 30c for an MMS. 

BUT ... if I install a friend's SIM into the same phone then I can send MMS messages using their account/number. They have Standard membership, internet add-on and enough credit balance to pay the 30c for an MMS.

In both cases the APN configuration is identical so it seems to me that the problem must lie with my SIM/account/number and messing with the APN is not going to help. I also got the same results with a different handset a while back when I originally noticed and tested this.

Anybody got any bright ideas!??!

For what it's worth I can receive MMS messages OK. 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Seems that it was an issue with my SIM. I got a new SIM and 48 switched me over to it and now I can send MMS messages! Horray. Smiley Happy Case closed.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Seems that it was an issue with my SIM. I got a new SIM and 48 switched me over to it and now I can send MMS messages! Horray. Smiley Happy Case closed.