cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for "The Don" ??? Not working

trycan
Newcomer

Hello Crew & helpers Cat Very Happy

I paid for "The Don" Earlier , It Went Threw cos I got the following page after saying it was a success!! The Money Was taken from credit card cos I got that checked? But it Says on my 48 page Im still on "The Guido" what is going on ? Please help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My guess is that you bought the Don membership while your existing Guido membership still had time to run to the end of its monthly period. Buying a new membership does not prematurely terminate a current membership that still has time to run. It will stack and kick in when the current membership has expired. If you have used up calls/text/data allowances on a current membership then you may need to buy add-ons to tide you over. Buying a new membership such as the Don will not help immediately - only when the current membership runs its course.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

30 REPLIES 30

Sounds like you breached the fair usage limits and got barred for the remainder of your current membership month?

Fair Use Policy/ Acceptable Use Policy

If so then you have to wait out the remainder of this membership month and when your current membership expires contact 48 support and ask them to lift the ban.

Note that a second ban is for good.

Buying a new membership when you have a current membership in place doesn't help. The new membership will stack to kick in when the current membership has expired. It will not start immediately. This is the case even when you are not barred.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

trycan
Newcomer
This is an old forum, this network has fixed it's problem, it's working fine for me

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@emermoran20 ... What does your online account say about your current membership and expiry date?
When you scan for networks do you see 48 and can you connect to it?

When you do this are you getting any connection/signal bars at all?
What make and model of phone do you have?
Is it unlocked for use on any network?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Ignore - deleted.

emermoran20
Visitor
I'm in the same boat too. Just became a new member today and paid for the don and I can't use any services on my phone. What is going on? Not a good first impression.

Please see my reply to your first two posts.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/I-paid-for-quot-The-Don-quot-Not-working/m-p/36627#M14227

You may get more help if you post more info as requested.

emermoran20
Visitor
Yes I have unlocked my phone, my membership says expires on 2 September, which is correct. It also states the package I chose which is the don and that no usage has been used up, which is also correct. I selected 48 network which has a symbol of a circle with a diagonal line crossed through it beside it. When I hit select, it says this service only has limited use. There is no use available. I am not getting any connection signal or bars at all, just a red x. My phone is a Sony Xperia z and I keyed in my nac code and it was accepted.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did you try enabling data roaming?

emermoran20
Visitor
Yes.

emermoran20
Visitor
Still no network