cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming outside the EU

kc123
Newcomer
Hi, I'm going to Thailand next week and was just wondering will my phone work out there?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Unfortunately not.

Roaming only works in the EU, rest of Europe, North America and Oceania.

See here:

Other call charges

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Unfortunately not.

Roaming only works in the EU, rest of Europe, North America and Oceania.

See here:

Other call charges

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I looked up the roaming details there and it gives cost for calls and texts. Does that mean that if I put credit on my phone I will be able to make and receive calls? Needed for work purposes. 

No - roaming is not supported in Thailand.

Look at the list of regions and countries.

Thailand is not there.

Hope this helps.

lornaroche
Newcomer
Going to morocco will roaming worj

Duplicate post.

I replied to your other one here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Just-Hang-Out/International-calls/m-p/37244/highlight/false#M1616

bendr6482
Newcomer
I am outside Ireland and my network isn't working

In what country? 

Is it one in which 48 provide roaming services? 

If it is then the usual advice suggestions apply...

If your SIM predates January 2023 then a replacement may mitigate or eliminate roaming problems: 

It may be worthwhile reviewing these two threads in case any of the suggestions help to avoid roaming problems:

If you still have problems then you'll probably need to contact 48 support for further assistance.

See the links in my signature below.

You replied to a 10 year old thread which seems a bit odd.