cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got liquid on my sim card

Anon
Not applicable
I spilled coffee on my simcard and now my phone says that I dont have a simcard in it when I do? So will I just have to order a new one yeah?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Was the SIM card out of the phone when it got damaged?

If not then perhaps the phone is (also?) damaged?

If it was out then you presumably dried it off before re-inserting it?

Try sticking it in a bag/tub of (dried! :)) rice for a few hours and see if it helps. Sometimes that can dry out damaged electronics.

Otherwise you probably will need to get a replacement SIM:

Need to swap your SIM?

Replacement SIM

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Was the SIM card out of the phone when it got damaged?

If not then perhaps the phone is (also?) damaged?

If it was out then you presumably dried it off before re-inserting it?

Try sticking it in a bag/tub of (dried! :)) rice for a few hours and see if it helps. Sometimes that can dry out damaged electronics.

Otherwise you probably will need to get a replacement SIM:

Need to swap your SIM?

Replacement SIM

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
No the sim card was in the phone but I put the phone in the dried rice overnight n the phone is grand now it's definitely just the sim 🙂 thank you! 🙂

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Have you tried another SIM in the phone to rule out the possibility of the SIM tray/contacts being damaged? If so then it sounds like you need a new SIM alright.

Anon
Not applicable
Yeah I ordered a replacement sim so when that arrives will it have like my number and Guido on it or do I have to register again?

See here:

Need to swap your SIM?

Hope this helps.