cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user Day 2 cant make calls or send texts

MichaelP2792
Newcomer

The account was new yesterday. The My48 page clearly states "Calls left Unlimited" and "Texts left Unlimited" yet after making a call yesterday I can't send texts or make calls today. So much for unlimited!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did contact 48support and they sorted me OK. The problem lay in the wording of contract - it wasn't obvious to me that calls to foreign numbers (e.g. UK) are blocked unless one pre-pays for credit on the account. I was under the impression that a limited number of calls could be made outside
IE with the initial €12.99 payment. The wording given by virtually all telecoms operstors is either ambiguously terse or buried in long-winded legal, small print ... Par for the course.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You'll need to contact 48 support about this.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I did contact 48support and they sorted me OK. The problem lay in the wording of contract - it wasn't obvious to me that calls to foreign numbers (e.g. UK) are blocked unless one pre-pays for credit on the account. I was under the impression that a limited number of calls could be made outside
IE with the initial €12.99 payment. The wording given by virtually all telecoms operstors is either ambiguously terse or buried in long-winded legal, small print ... Par for the course.

Doesn't this clearly state that membership call/text allowances apply to Irish numbers only?

All minutes* made to landlines including non-geographic numbers and mobiles within the Republic of Ireland and calls made while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland. *Fair Usage of 5,000 minutes applies.

All texts* to Irish mobile numbers and Irish landline numbers while in the Republic of Ireland and texts made while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland. *Fair Usage of 5,000 texts applies for the plan period of one month.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.