cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim locked

Anon
Not applicable
Hi there, got a sim from you and a 20 euro don account. My phone is new & unlocked and I don't have an account with any provider here. What can I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Your question is unclear and I don't understand the reference to not having an account with another provider.

If the issue is that you are being prompted for the SIM PIN then just enter the one that came with your SIM (and then optionally disable SIM PIN locking in your phone security settings o you are not prompted for the SIM PIN after every reboot). If you don't know the SIM PIN (PIN1) then see here:

I forgot my PIN code

If that's not the problem (or solution) then please post back with a clearer explanation of your problem.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Your question is unclear and I don't understand the reference to not having an account with another provider.

If the issue is that you are being prompted for the SIM PIN then just enter the one that came with your SIM (and then optionally disable SIM PIN locking in your phone security settings o you are not prompted for the SIM PIN after every reboot). If you don't know the SIM PIN (PIN1) then see here:

I forgot my PIN code

If that's not the problem (or solution) then please post back with a clearer explanation of your problem.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Hi dayler, yes, that's the nature of the problem.

That sounds like the way to fix it alright, however, every time I go to enter the PIN it says "2 attempts remaining" no matter how many times I try to enter it so that I can get to the PUK bit.

Any ideas?

Do you not have the SIM PIN[1] from the packaging in which the 48 SIM arrived?

If not and every time you enter a wrong PIN it still says "2 attempts remaining" or whatever then I don't really know what you can do unfortunately.

Maybe contact 48 support to see if they can help?

How to get help

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

Alright pal, for some reason it decided to accept my unlock attempts when I used the real PINS off the sim packaging. Odd!

Anyway, it appears that I've now unlocked it with the PUK. Thanks for your help guys. Smiley Happy

You mean it did NOT accept the PIN[1] from the packaging?

If so then that's odd but at least the PUK is a way out of this problem.

Anon
Not applicable

Correct, it did not accept either PIN(1) or PIN(2).

If they were definitely from the packaging for the SIM in the phone then that's odd but I think that I've seen that reported before. Not sure why. At least the PUK gets you out of the hole. You could always ask 48 support about it if you wanted further clarification.

How to get help

Hope this helps.