cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble registering a replacement sim.. Help!

yvonnec21
Visitor

Hi i wrote on this the other day aswell but i did get my sim in the post so that's all good but i have another problem now.Il just explain my situation to make it easier.I signed up to 48 there last month but 2 weeks ago my phone was stolen .anyways and it had my new 48 sim in it.So i asked on this how could i get back onto 48 and they told me to click on a link they gave me to reorder a new sim and block the old one so i did that and so that  sim came today i think it might be called a replacement sim i think? anyways i went online there a while ago to register this new sim but i clicked on register new sim and i put in the registration code that was on the pack and then i put in my email but then it said that someone else has that email, which is me but i thought that my old sim was blocked which is strange so then it wouldn't let me register it.I think were i went wrong was that i should of clicked on register a replacement sim first do you think? But then right  i clicked on register a replacement sim and i put in the registration code and then it said that theres a sim still active to your account ? which i could'nt understand because i thought that i had blocked the old one already.I really hope you can help me asap please and  i hope i didn't confuse you with this big long message ,it's just ive been two weeks without a phone and i finally have one and my sim wont register i hope you get back to me soon as i love being with 48 its brill .Thanks a mill.

2 REPLIES 2

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

A replacement sim register is usually an easy task...however initially did you order a new free sim, or a replacement?

As stated, ordering a replacement will block the lost/stolen sim Immediately - & render it useless.
The fact that when registering the sim you now have, suggested there is an active sim on your account leads me to believe there's something in the process was not as is should.

To further add, ordering a replacement sim only blocks the sim lost/stolen-not your 48 account/details.

Log a ticket with 48 support & it should be sorted fairly handy.

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Let us know how you fare out !

🙂

Did you follow the steps here for the replacement SIM?

You need a new SIM?

As mentioned above you probably need to contact 48 support about this.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.