cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership still active but can't make calls

drofsoh
Newcomer

I am getting an automated message telling me my monthly plan has run out and it is time to buy a new one. I checked the 48 web site as I knew this to be incorrect and my plan is showing 5 days left as of today. I contacted 48 yesterday and the person I spoke to was able to confirm I had 6 days left yesterday and he quoted all the minutes and gbs that I had left. When I explained that I was getting the message anytime I tried to make a call, I was told it would have to be passed to technical support and this would take 3/5 days for them to contact me. Anyone any ideas about this as I am without my phone at the moment?

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Do you get that message for all calls to Irish mobiles/landlines?

Does the call then fail to connect?

Can you receive calls?

Can you send/receive texts and use mobile data?

Are you sure that you haven't exceeded the fair usage policy limits?

If your membership is still active and has non-zero allowance balances and you haven't exceeded the fair usage policy limits then you should be able to make calls.

Unfortunately in that case only 48 support will be able to help you.

I'm not sure why they're saying that it will take so long to deal with your query.

Maybe try contacting them again by email and explain the urgency of the issue - support@48months.zendesk.com

If you feel the need to make a complaint then see here:

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

drofsoh
Newcomer

Just an update, my phone started working again today. No communication from 48 to explain what happened or to explain why it happened.  Phone not working for 4 days,  including New Years Eve and New Years Day, no explanation Very Poor customer service.

Thanks for updating the thread.

Very strange and disappointing but good to be back working again.

As I posted previously if you feel the need to make a complaint then see here:

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.